Data Unavailable
The Student News Site of Landmark College

VOICES

VOICES

VOICES

Landmark & The Eclipse

Owain Lucas

Monday, April 8th, 2024, started like any other day. I had two classes, one early in the morning and another late in the afternoon. Several professors were already canceling classes. People were getting stuck in newly formed highway parking lots. That was the thing that made me realize it was not any ordinary day. It was the day of the total solar eclipse. I went outside for the spectacle not knowing what to expect, what I saw was a big crowd, and a lot of observers ready to go and watch this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Now, as a passionate broadcaster and a person who loves memories, I could not resist my impulsive energy to run down to the radio station and grab my tripod, a mixing board, my quad wireless microphones, and set up to do something amazing. I felt a bolt of energy and excitement in me, ready to capture the excitement in the palm of my hands. People singing, playing guitars, and observing, I wanted to take it all in and capture the excitement, as I may never get another opportunity like this ever again. It’s moments like these when we learn who we are, what we want to do with our own lives, and how we can do better the next time.

All of this was last minute. I wasn’t anticipating interviewing professors, students, or a member of the President’s Council. Below here are some photos as well as a radio piece that I created of all the interviews I got from that amazing day.

Audio:

Backup Link (If above is not working)