Data Unavailable
The Student News Site of Landmark College

VOICES

VOICES

VOICES

The Regular Minecart – Volume 4

Welcome to the weekly Minecart, a weekly story about the events in Thomas Kuzma’s Landmark Minecraft server.

A few weeks into the Spring of 2024, TK & I decided to start planning for an upcoming Olympic event in the server. This includes plans on the cruise ship, which every Monday gets further developed, so the pictures I have are likely to be outdated in another week!

The cruise ship colors were determined by a vote, where players would pick a primary and a secondary color to be used for the ship. Nevertheless, while the ship was under construction, I was asked to build an arena for one of those Olympic events. Meanwhile, a course for a horseracing challenge was also in the works.

Voting stand for cruise ship colors
Work in progress cruise ship

The highlight for this volume of the series is the track and field arena that I was tasked to build. It took about 8 hours to build. It’s one of my most ambitious projects, and I have a lot of photos from its early stages of development. One of the most difficult parts was the amount of terraforming that must take place to build the arena. If you are unaware, terraforming is the idea of altering the landscape into something it was not originally.

This was one of my favorite projects that I have built in the server, other than the lighthouse, and the improvements on the wharf.

Coming up in the next edition, I’ll be showing a project that I forgot that I built: a house! I don’t know how I forgot about it, but now that I’m writing this, I think it deserves coverage. I’ll also be showing some nostalgic photos from the early days of the Minecraft server. Stay tuned!

If you want to join Minecraft Night, the session meets weekly on Mondays from 8-10 P.M. online and in Davis Hall #002. (Only open to LC Students)